Could a $300 monitor arm really be worth it?

PLUS: The best best webcams to buy to avoid embarrassing yourself on Zoom.

WIRED Gear Logo - Life-Tested Picks

Monitor arms are one of those products you want to buy once and never think about again. But when it does come time to pull the trigger, it’s hard to know where to begin. They range in price anywhere from $40 to $300 (not a joke), despite the fact that most of them are made for the singular purpose of holding up your monitor.


The Herman Miller Flo is one such monitor arm, usually priced at over $300. But after testing it myself, I get the hype. It uses a different mechanism for holding up your monitor than any other monitor arm I’ve ever seen, and the result is a buttery smooth range of motion without any of the bulk. It’s certainly not worth buying if that’s more than your monitor costs (or if you’ve got a large gaming monitor), but I couldn’t help being swayed by its novelty.

Luke Larson

Product Writer & Reviewer

THIS WEEK'S GUIDE

I Tested Monitor Arms for Months to Bring You My Favorites

 

By Luke Larsen

 

Your desk setup needs a monitor arm, and I’ve been testing every one I can get my hands on to find the best.

READ MORE

QUICK BUYS

Best Overall Monitor Arm

$150

SHOP NOW

Best High-End Monitor Arm

$229

SHOP NOW
All products featured on WIRED are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links.

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Your Home Office Is Being Held Back by Your Computer Monitor

 

By Luke Larsen

 

My expert advice on what computer monitor to buy for your home office, ranging from budget-tier to fully featured.

READ MORE

Everything You Need to Work From Home Like a Pro

 

By Julian Chokkattu and Gear Team

 

Gear can make or break your home office setup. Here’s our ultimate list of nearly 100 items, from monitors and desks to webcams and chairs.

READ MORE

I Tested More Than 15 Webcams and Found a Clear Winner

 

By Luke Larsen

 

After testing more than 15 webcams simultaneously, I came away with just a few options I’d recommend.

READ MORE

We Tested 70 Office Chairs to Pick the Best Ones

 

By Julian Chokkattu and Matthew Korfhage

 

Upgrade your WFH setup and work in style with these comfy, WIRED-tested seats.

READ MORE

The Best of WIRED in Your Inbox

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletters.

This email was sent to you by WIRED. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add wired@newsletters.wired.com to your address book.

View our Privacy policy | Unsubscribe

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog