I give this media_gossip three and a half stars
I give this media_gossip three and a half starsPlus: A Substack advertising dinner, tensions at The Atlantic, and the outlets who fell for AI freelancers.
Welcome to media_gossip, Embedded’s special weekly edition of … media gossip, sent every Friday. You’re getting this because you subscribe to Embedded, but you can opt out here. Nick’s Riff This WeekWhy American homes are so ugly inside: “We’re stuck trying to make gray-floored, landlord-special-painted flips and rental units feel homey with affordable solutions like buying ‘Bless our nest’ signs from Wayfair and hanging massive, cheap flat screen televisions in our living rooms.”
Left: I was on a panel for Evereden about youth mental health and technology. Right: I was at a dinner for Substack about MY mental health and technology (newsletter sponsorships).
This was one of those weeks where, due to my own decisions, I was overwhelmed and overworked to the point of sprinting from Soho to the East Village where multiple Substack staffers had to tell me to “calm down.” I had a great time sitting across from brittany spanos, which gave us a chance to swap Tree Paine lore, as well as Michele Dale and Meg Youngblood at Substack, who had Timothee Chalamet and Gaylor tea, respectively. As for media gossip, here’s everything that happened online this week. Speaking of The Atlantic, it seems like New York Magazine got tired of the outlet poaching everyone’s writers and randomly decided this week to post a couple Atlantic-style stories shading everyone’s favorite socialist mayor:... Keep reading with a 7-day free trialSubscribe to Embedded to keep reading this post and get 7 days of free access to the full post archives. A subscription gets you:
|




Comments
Post a Comment