Spotlight deal: The $20 essential I’m adding to my cart right now

PLUS: Last-minute charging deals.

The last day of the nearly two-day-long October Amazon Prime Days sales event is here! We’re still combing through the corners of the web to find newly discounted gadgets, and we're swapping out or nixing dead deals along the way. Be sure to check out our list of the Absolute Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for the latest and greatest, and our Liveblog, which the Reviews team updates every few minutes with the newest discounts on WIRED-tested gear.


This Prime Day (in this economy), I’m focused on getting the things I probably need to invest in but keep putting off buying. With heavy discounts, these purchases are a little easier on the wallet and will make my life a whole lot easier in the long run.


  • I refuse to buy a new iPhone, even though the battery life on mine seems to be getting worse by the day. This Ridge power bank has a sweet spot of 10,000 mAh, which provides enough juice to fully charge your phone about twice and is still small enough to carry in a purse or bring in your carry-on. (I’ve also been eyeing this discounted magnetic power bank from Anker for $43, but it only has 5,000 mAh capacity.)


  • The charging port in my boyfriend’s phone is broken, and he has to create some seriously gravity-defying angles to get it to charge. I’m going to buy him this discounted 3-in-1 charging station for $63 ($27 off) to save our relationship. (I kid!)


  • I’m sick and tired of losing everything. Instead of buying yet another AirTag for $24 ($5 off) like I usually do, I’m considering getting a discounted Tracker Card for $33 ($12 off), which uses Find My technology like an AirTag, but is slim like a card and fits more easily into a wallet.


  • It’s not the sexiest purchase, but in my small apartment with limited outlets (and space), you just need One mini smart plug for $19 ($6 off) To Rule Them All.

Molly Higgins

Commerce Coordinator

All products featured on WIRED are independently selected by our editors. However, we may receive compensation from retailers and/or from purchases of products through these links. Learn more.

SPOTLIGHT DEAL

Stock Up on the Best Deals on Phone Accessories—Including Our Favorite 3-in-1 Charger

 

By Les Shu

 

Just bought a new phone or looking to enhance an existing one? Prime Day is the time to save on accessories like batteries, chargers, and more.

READ MORE

✚ Don't waste your money on subpar deals—our Gear team is tracking down the absolute best Prime Day discounts

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

There’s Still Time to Upgrade Your Coffee Setup Before Deals End

 

By Kat Merck

 

Breville, Keurig, Fellow, and AeroPress gear we recommend is on sale, with options for espresso enthusiasts and one-button brewers alike.

READ MORE

My Family Can Vouch for These Toys, and They’re On Sale

 

By Simon Hill

 

Snag some gifts for your kiddos or unleash your inner child with the best Prime Day toy deals, including Lego, STEM toys, and board games.

READ MORE

The Best Headphone Deals for Every Kind of Listener

 

By Harry Rabinowitz

 

I’ve tested more than 100 headphones and covered nearly a dozen Prime Days. Here are some actually good headphone deals from the sale.

READ MORE

Apple AirPods Max 2 Are $120 Off Right Now

 

By Harry Rabinowitz

 

The best over-ear headphones for Apple fans are 22 percent off. If you’ve been waiting to buy them, now might be a good time.

READ MORE

My 5 Favorite Laptops Are Deeply Discounted

 

By Luke Larsen

 

My favorite MacBook, gaming PC, and budget laptop are all on sale for Prime Day, some at the lowest prices I’ve seen in months.

READ MORE

I’ve Tested Dozens of Vacuums. These Are the Deals I’d Buy

 

By Nena Farrell

 

I’ve put these machines through everyday messes, dirty carpets, and sticky spills. Now you can save on the ones that impressed me.

READ MORE

The Best of WIRED in Your Inbox

Was this forwarded to you? Sign up.

Plus, find all of our newsletters.

This email was sent to you by WIRED. To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add wired@newsletters.wired.com to your address book.

View our Privacy policy | Unsubscribe

Copyright © Condé Nast 2026. One World Trade Center, New York, NY 10007. All rights reserved.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog